Great suspense story.
Bittersweet Alliance (Donahue Cousins Series, Book 3) by Kathleen Rowland released a month ago in the romantic suspense genre.
Bizarre kidnappings stun the Big Island of Hawaii, pulling Danker Donahue back into the game and forcing him to partner with Jolene Kualoha, the woman who left him seven years ago when his DNA showed up in paternity lawsuit. The prejudice-motivated hate crimes are the wildest anyone has ever seen. Victims are being poisoned then released once the ransoms are paid, many losing their lives.
In the shadow of Jolene’s success as a helicopter pilot, a troubled woman develops a fixation on Jolene and imitates her appearance. Matters turn dark when the copycat is shot dead. Was Jolene the target? Threats mount when she barely survives an accident after her brake cables are severed.
When these crimes threaten her sanity, Jolene is forced to trust the one person she thought she’d lost forever, Danker. Instantly, sparks fly between them, and as much as she wants to rekindle their relationship, she must protect her heart.
An old enemy, Seamus McGinn, breaks out of a maximum-security prison and invites Danker to a meet-up. Surprisingly, the kidnapper joins forces with McGinn along with his sick fans. McGinn trumpets his ‘murders by ice pick’, and it’s up to Danker to stop him. The whole island is on edge with a live feed from the maniac’s website.
In a stolen moment, Jolene shows him hope, and he makes a snap decision that will change their lives forever. Will he make it back to show her?
Will a snap decision change their lives forever?
Other buy links:
About the Author
Book Buyers Best finalist Kathleen Rowland is devoted to giving her readers fast-paced, high-stakes suspense with an erotic love story sure to melt their hearts. Her latest release is Bittersweet Alliance.
Kathleen also has a steamy romantic suspense series with Tirgearr Publishing, Deadly Alliance is followed by Unholy Alliance. Keep an icy drink handy while reading these sizzling stories.
Kathleen used to write computer programs but now writes novels. She grew up in Iowa where she caught lightning bugs, ran barefoot, and raced her sailboat on Lake Okoboji. Now she wears flip-flops and sails with her husband, Gerry, on Newport Harbor but wishes there were lightning bugs in California.
Kathleen exists happily with her witty CPA husband, Gerry, in their 70’s poolside retreat in Southern California where she adores time spent with visiting grandchildren, dogs, one bunny, and noisy neighbors. While proud of their five children who’ve flown the coop, she appreciates the luxury of time to write.
10 Things You Didn’t Know About Becoming a Published Author
By Kathleen Rowland
1. An author spends a lot of time sitting in front of a computer, writing and marketing. Guarding against this “fattening occupation” requires healthy eating plans and aerobic exercise.
2. Published authors need to engage with readers who enjoy getting to know their favorite authors. One of my favorites is being a guest on blogs such as this one. Thank you!
3. Published authors need to keep abreast of the industry. Do readers prefer audio, eBook, or paper these days? Commuters look for audio books. Travelers download eBooks prior to air travel. Many readers curl up with a paperback.
4. A published author dreams up the next plot after submitting a finished book to a publisher. “Keep on truckin’” and never get stale. I begin each book with events of everyday life and go far from there. An ordinary event turns odd which draws a reader’s attention.
5. A published writer does not hold secrets of success except individuality, or you could call it personality. It’s freedom of expression, but to a writer, it’s freedom organized.
6. Published authors plot but add their emotions to it by exposing their quirks, attitudes toward life, and scrutiny.
7. Ideas come like birds that can be seen in the corner of your eye. An author gets a closer fix on those birds with a certain inspiration to let an idea develop.
8. One thing is certain for a published author who knows readers. They want to be entertained by something unusual, but not so unusual that it couldn’t happen.
9. A published author rereads writing to make sure the story is gripping. Readers want to shiver, laugh, talk, and recommend the story to friends.
10. Every published author is different from the next. I believe individuality, in being myself, and using the maximum of my talent to tell a story.
On Tour with Bittersweet Alliance (Donahue Cousins Series, Book 3) by Kathleen Rowland and Meet the Author @vivianamackade #booklover #amreading #romance #bookworm #bookboost #ebooks #fiction #read #love #vivimackadeTweet
2. Book Junkiez
5. T’s Stuff
12. The Pen Muse
19. Texas Book Nook
22. Nyx’s Blog
24. Truly Trendy
26. Valerie Ullmer
28. Elodie Parks