Oh, man, where to start? Where to start? The title (top)? The cover (top)? The take on a (college) system that as an ex European scholar I don’t understand, and as a mom scares me? Maybe it’s the mix of it all but people, this is a must-read.
The book is Sourpuss by Merricat Mulwray and it will be out the 20th in the
New Adult, Dark Comedy, Contemporary, Satire Genre.
Sourpuss is a blistering satire of the depraved and entitled culture that pervades college campuses.
Mallory Wahl loathes the campus party scene . She’s sprinting through her senior year obsessed with winning a spot on the US Olympic track team. But she runs straight into a hurdle in the form of fraternity president Graham Patterson, an intern assigned to help her recover from an injury – one she blames on him.
Once Graham’s therapies begin to work, Mallory pretends to fall in love but traps herself in her own scheme and tailspins deep into his debauched world. When a scandal erupts which threatens to shatter her Olympic dreams once and for all, Mallory must finally face the dark truth she’s been running from since freshman year.
In the style of a ’90s dark comedy flick, Merricat Mulwray’s debut brings an insightful and humorous perspective to the reckless behavior college students perpetually get away with. Mallory, herself a flawed heroine, is backed by a self-serving cast of athletes, party girls, townies, and fraternity brothers so hilariously dark that the book will leave you wondering if anyone ever gets what they deserve.
Chatting with the AUTHORS
Merricat Mulwray is the collaboration of two sisters. They live in Los Angeles where they hatch plans and develop schemes, sometimes these turn into novels.
I asked them, since the book isn’t sweet with the College scene, to tell me the Top 10 reasons a young woman/man should attend college beside the culture, and here’s what they told me, and are all great points.
1. It’s very hard to even get in the game of life without a college education. Period.
2. Change is best initiated from the inside.
3. Besides being practical, an education exposes you to academic ways of thought that will change your worldview.
4. College still provides unparalleled experiences; study abroad, diverse student bodies.
5. You get to learn more about things from people who have made it their life’s work to know everything about that subject.
6. The only period in your life when you’ll get to practice your profession or avenue of study unimpeded by clients, budgets or bosses that don’t get it.
7. You make friendships that will last a lifetime.
8. You get to be extremely focused on a common goal with a lot of other people.
9. Student discounts are wonderful.
10. Your family and anyone who loves you will be proud.
Stay in touch with Merricat here:
For more about the Book or the Authors, follow the Tour. You can find the schedule here (http://xpressobooktours.com/2018/10/26/tour-sign-up-sourpuss-by-merricat-mulwray/)
Giveaway:Tour-wide giveaway (US/CAN)
- Signed copy of Sourpuss