I loved how this seemingly klutzy woman makes her way to being a top PI, and then right into trouble. Also, I have author Amanda telling me which are the 5 ways to win her heart. From there, we’ll work our way to the book (yeah, I’m commenting a lot, but she has such good points!).
5 Ways to Win my Heart (Inspired by my husband, of course!) by Amanda.
- First and foremost, a good sense of humor is vital to winning my heart! One of the most attractive things to me, is when a man can make me laugh. Life can be stressful, tough, or sometimes just mind-numbingly mundane, and laughter is always a spark that keeps me going.
I so agree!
- He’s got to take care of business. Nothing is sexier than when a man takes care of things. I have a major aversion to laziness, and lack of ambition. A man that is a natural leader, always on top of things, and doing what he needs to do to take care of his family is damn near the sexiest thing in the world.
Ditto. I hate men (or women, for that matter) with no energy, that just wait for things to happen and maybe even complain and whine when nothing moves.
- He’s got to be a good (okay, decent) cook. I’m not a fan of cooking, but I love good food. You cook, I’ll clean—heck of a deal!
That’s exactly what happens in my house! If you follow me on FB, you can often see what I’m talking about!
- He’s got to be a gentleman! I long for the good old days when (per my grandma) a man would instinctively open doors for a woman; call her ma’am; give her his coat when she’s cold; and put to fear of God in another man if they ever disrespected her. Being from the South, I call these rare men “good ol’ boys”, and I’m making it my life’s missing to raise my two boys to be good, Southern gentlemen, just like their daddy.
And doesn’t the world needs more of those?
- He’s got to be aggressive… (in the bedroom!)! I write books that have strong, sexy, alpha males, so is it really a surprise that I want my man to take control in the bedroom? I’ll leave it at that. 😉
I’ll leave it al that too.
Thank you for being with us today, Amanda, and sorry for jumping in so much! And you guys, remember that this is a tour and you can follow it all! Here’s the link.
Now, here comes the book.
Despite being chronically late, occasionally disheveled and a tad disorganized, Dixie Knight is one of the top private investigators in the country, and when a young woman goes missing in the small, Southern town of Devil’s Den, Dixie takes the case. She expected it to be another ordinary missing person case—until Lizzie Meyers is found naked and beaten to death at a local, seedy motel.
While visiting relatives on his two-week leave, Marine Liam Cash bumps into Dixie at the local bar, and his attraction to her is immediate. When Liam connects Dixie’s current case to two unsolved murders in his hometown, he steps in to help find the killer, and keep her safe, whether Dixie wants him to or not.
After another woman is found brutally beaten, Dixie turns the town upside down trying to solve the mystery—could it be the rumored witch that lives in the mountains; the rich, neurotic doctor’s wife; or the perky, blonde receptionist at the local medical clinic?
Time is running out and Dixie knows she has to put the pieces of the puzzle together before another body turns cold in Devil’s Den.
Amanda’s debut novel, LETHAL LEGACY, was released in January 2017, followed by the first two books in the BERRY SPRINGS SERIES, THE WOODS and THE LAKE. The third book in the series, THE STORM is scheduled to be released in the Winter of 2017